Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Musical Musings

Today I thought I would share some new music that has been on high rotation on my iPod at the moment (believe me office job + iPod = sanity kept).


I have really been enjoying the Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack. It was such an awesome movie and the soundtrack is full of all the great tracks from Scott's band Sex Bob-Omb in the movie.


Following on in the soundtrack vein (I must admit I am a sucker for a good movie soundtrack) is Kick-Ass. Now I know I am probably a little late getting on the band wagon for this movie and all its awesomeness but after seeing it recently I just had to get the soundtrack. I love the fact that it has all the best lines from the movie ala Pulp Fiction soundtrack at the start of particular songs. The Batman signal bit makes me laugh every time.

Surprisingly there is a song from Pretty Reckless who you might know is the band of one sullen, black eyeliner wearing blondie from Gossip Girl aka Taylor Momsen. I find myself actually really liking their song Make Me Wanna Die and on closer inspection their album on iTunes is not that bad. Although I must admit when I heard their latest offering on Nova the other day I actually thought it was a new song from Pink. H mm go figure. Another stand out song is Can't Go back from Primal Scream.




Another great Album I bought recently is 'I believe you Liar' by Brisbane born Washington. The album is amazing. Full of great lyrics and lots of great melodies. I was actually luck enough to spy her on the streets on Fitzroy on our recent trip to Melbourne. She was just as cute in the flesh.

The new single from the The Wombats - Tokyo (Vampires & Wolves) has also just landed and the track is great. I can't wait for the new album to be released but for now the single will have to do...



I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment